The Professional Certificate in Management Skills is ideal for:
- New managers and supervisors who want to learn the essential skills of management
- Experienced managers and supervisors who want to hone their management skills and develop a deeper understanding of this topic area
- Team Leaders and employees who see management as the next step in their career development
- Project Managers and team members who want to develop their project and general management skills
- Describe the meaning and application of Managerial and Leader-Manager styles.
- Identify the impact organizational structure has on management style.
- Recognize how to plan and conduct quality interviews that will lead to sound hiring decisions.
- Identify the fundamentals of employee on-boarding and engagement.
- Recognize the key elements for managing the human side of change.
- Develop strategies for creating inclusive environments in which employees can understand, value and respect each others’ differences.
- Explain the role of personal motivation and interaction style on team performance using the Situational Leadership Model.
- Describe the process for getting teams started and for moving the team through the task accomplishment cycle.
- Identify the tools and techniques for managing projects.
- Communicate financial information with confidence with executives and financial staff.
- Manage business operations through effective budget management.
- Effective communication (assertiveness and active listening)
- Creative problem solving
- Decision making
- Managing Performance Expectations
- Create an action plan for development
In House Delivery
Please note that any of the Professional Certificate in Management Skills modules can be delivered in-company for groups of 10 or more. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org