Professional Certificate in Risk Management
Earn your Canadian Risk Management (CRM) Designation at Sprott!
The Professional Certificate in Risk Management is designed for individuals whose jobs involve the management of risk and the implementation of strategies to mitigate risk.
Upon completion of all three courses, you will be qualified to apply for the Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation. The CRM is recognized by the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) and awarded by the Global Risk Management Institute (GRMI). The CRM designation has become a qualification requirement for some federal government jobs. In addition, many private organizations also look for CRMs to manage risk in their organizations. For more information on obtaining the designation, visit the GRMI website.
Program at a Glance: Three Part-Time Courses that can be Taken in any Order:
CRM01: Risk Management: Principles and Practices on Wednesday Nights, September – December 2018, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Dates TBD
CRM02: Risk Assessment and Treatment on Tuesday Nights, February 27 – May 22, 2018, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
CRM03: Risk Financing on Tuesday Nights, September – December 2018, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Dates TBD
- Fee: $785 per course, HST exempt
- *If you don’t have a background in basic insurance, statistics, or finance, it is recommended that you take a basic course prior to completing CRM03 Risk Financing*
- *Note: The CRM courses tend to fill up well in advance of the start date so please register early to secure your spot in each section of the program. Each course within the program is open enrollment and are registered for separately.
Take the first step toward your Canadian Risk Management Designation today.
“The CRM course has provided me with a solid foundation in the principles and elements of a well rounded approach in managing risks.”
– Denis Provost, BSc, CRM Senior Program Officer, Regulatory Services and Quality Assurance MARINE SAFETY (AMSX), Transport Canada
The Professional Certificate in Risk Management is for:
- Managers and senior managers who need to understand risk concepts in detail to design risk strategies for their organization.
- Executives and board members who want to have in-depth comprehension to steer the development of organizational risk management policy.
- Individuals who want to act as an independent risk management consultant.
- Managers who want to learn how to protect their organization against liability, property, personnel or net income risks.
- Supervisors, managers and project officers who are responsible to manage, control and protect an organization’s corporate and financial assets will be interested in learning how to use risk control and risk financing techniques to achieve success in their role.